Basic techniques for making jewelry yourself: attaching a crimp bead and a crimp bead concealer
Attaching a crimp bead and a crimp bead concealer
In this post we are going to talk about one of the basic techniques you need to make jewelry. Namely: confirming a crimp bead and a crimp bead hider. You can find all the parts you see in our shop! View the specific articles at the bottom of the page.
What do you need?
- crimp beads
- Crimp bead hider
- beading material such as metal wire
- An crimp bead pliers and/or flat nose pliers
- Lock and/or extension
How does it work?
- We start by attaching a lock to your jewelry. Thread a crimp bead and then a clasp onto your wire. Then put the wire back into the crimp bead.
- Package crimp bead pliers or flat nose pliers and squeeze the bead shut.
- To hide the crimp bead you can use a crimp bead hider. But you can also choose not to.
- You can apply the crimp bead concealer with flat nose pliers. Wrap the bead around the crimp bead and squeeze it shut again.
- Repeat these steps again when you have finished stringing your jewelry. Then use an extension piece or other ends.
Still want to watch a video?